Question 13 Foot IMX Loomis Float Rod

I have a hardly used 13 Foot IMX Loomis Float Rod purchased at Natural Sports, Kitchener and have switched over to mostly
    Fly fishing and was wondering if anyone would have an idea what it is worth?
    Thanks

I recently paid over $400 for a used,custom tied 13-0 imx.Some go for more,some for less.I think $500 is high and $300 is low,just my opinion have a nice day.

hello Ryan,just curious,is this rod a str1562.

Does it have a reel seat or just rings? On average between $400 and $500 is what most guys are asking.

A factory IMX is selling for 450-550 and a custom tied around 650.

Hi Dan, The rod is a str 1562s and has rings. I:m still not sure if i should sell it or not, its a great rod but fly fishing is slowly taking over and i love using my level wind,less twists in the line

Thanks for all your information on the rod inquiry.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Dowhaniuk View Post
    Hi Dan, The rod is a str 1562s and has rings. I:m still not sure if i should sell it or not, its a great rod but fly fishing is slowly taking over and i love using my level wind,less twists in the line
    hi Ryan,ya I personly would hold on to that rod,those blanks have been discontinued.i know a while back there was a couple people looking for an imx,tuff to find,nobody will part with one,they are worth a good buck,the next rod up {glx}is going for between 400-600 bucks,i have one and personly don't like it{factory build},it was a replacement for my custom built original im6 that finally blew up on me after 20 some yrs,now there is a rod I would love to find to-day.,now I wonder where the fly swingin bug came from.
    Last edited by Dan Tenant; 04-22-2013 at 11:44 AM.

no need to revive an old thread to bump your post count - also, change your screen name to your real name.

I sold my 13' IMX blank 2 years ago for $500...if I were you i'd ask for $550 and go from there

GBO Member

Trade 13' IMX float rod for Fly Rods

Anyone have one of these 13' 2pce IMX floatrods for sale, factory build or custom? I am looking for one. Thanks Henry PS. if anyone is looking for a 10'-7weight Scott Arc, and a Loomis 7 weight GL3 9' 2 pc. fly rod, also have an Orvis Battenkill Disc drag reel with spare spool and trout, and a Steelhead taper lines, Thomas& Thomas 2 Pce. 3 weight rod and Orvis Battenkill reel, all have cases and great condition I would do a trade for an IMX rod.
    Last edited by Henry Lennips; 06-21-2014 at 10:11 PM.

GBO Member
    Hi John I was wondering if you still have the IMX and if so are you willing to part with it Thanks Henry PS you can call me at 519-708-0452