Bruce,

I was talking to a farmer that was sent a survey from the MNR recently. It specifically targeted the Lake Trout Rehabilitation Plan that has been going on for 60 + years in the lake.

It basically asked - Do you want lake trout stocked? Or not?

It never once mentioned the 3 million Lakers a year that they have stocked all of these years with almost 0% success, but let's not let that get in the way here.

My question to everyone at GBO is this (and hopefully Bruce can put it on as a survey):

Should the MNR continue stocking more than 1 million - 3 million Lake Trout into Huron and Georgian Bay every year.....Yes or No

Should the MNR continue with the stocking program, but at greatly reduced numbers - 100,000 - 300,000 every year......Yes or No

Should the MNR stop all stocking of Lake Trout and focus on Salmon, Rainbow, and Brown Trout stocking every year.......Yes or No

I love Lake Trout. The ones I catch inland up in Northern Ontario are amazing. But when my kids can't eat the ones caught in Huron because they are toxic, why in the heck would you keep stocking them? IMO only.......

I have a very important meeting with the MNR on behalf of the LHFC to discuss the Lake Trout Program in March. The more members that respond to this the better so that I have factual information heading into the meeting.

One more thing Bruce - How many members do you have on GBO?