Hybrid View

Chantry Derby Brochure

I must thank Dave Bedford, the Dwinnells and Dave Armstrong for our use of their photos in last year's Chantry brochure. There just wasn't enough real estate to list contributors.

This year I'm revising the format to allow proper recognition from our fraternity.

I am doing the brochure again this year and am asking for quality shots for the Chantry's use.

By quality I mean: photos that are in focus; fairly high resolution; have good colour balance; and basically the ability to be faithfully reproduced on press. There must be artistic content.

Here are the editorial causes I'm pursuing:

A) Childrens Day - very important Richard Elliot, you had some great shots of the south pier last and I'm interested in seeing if you can pull a still with enough definition;

B) General Huron Fishing Shots. Last year our cover shot showed young Chris Dwinnell assisting a child by netting a thrashing hog - so perfect and Dave Bedford had a good lick too;

C) Camaraderie, family and tradition are major draws of our derby. I need surprises for this one;

D) LHFC Activities - Richard Elliot's programmes, stream rehab, tree planting, and whatever;

E) Hatcheries - this is where the magic happens. It shows what we're doing;

D) Whatever other stream you suggest for inclusion.

Last year I had the benefit of 30 days of free trial of "Adobe Indesign" and this year I don't. So if someone could step forward for image editing it would be appreciated.

I will now be a shameless, forward iron ass and also request a break on the printing from anyone onsite who could arrange it.

Nick, I will check and see if I have any relevent photos, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBedford View Post
    Nick, I will check and see if I have any relevent photos, keep up the good work.
    You provided good shots last year and I think that I can still get to your ohotobucket, Dave.

GBO Member
    I will look for some pics too Nick. The hard part will be finding one without seeing my ugly mug in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hahn View Post
    I will look for some pics too Nick. The hard part will be finding one without seeing my ugly mug in it!
    I'll just crop to the fish : )