Significant recent observations: Rainbow trout migration slowing - comparable to 2011

I was checking Node 10, fish cam, and i noticed the Subject heading.

GBO Member
    ? Can't find it. Did you mean to post a link?

water too cold?

No where near the water we had last year. The trib I like to fish had water from thanks giving weekend on and stayed pretty well in and around the prime range for the season. This year it has peaked to near prime but still could have used more water. And over all levels have been very low. I do believe thi has been the story for most tribs in Ontario this year.

GBO Member
    Sorry, but I thought there was more to it than the cryptic one liner posted below the video. e.g some commentary as to why, maybe a comparison to some more previous years. I think they should say 'stopped' instead of 'slow'.

GBO Member
    Doesn't stop til water gets too warm Overall a very similar year to last fall but with less water. Lot of fish way up in most systems though.

I don't think we can expect stellar fishing every year! Last year was a treat with the high conditions all fall. I think the fella's using fly rods might have thought this was a great year as typically they can out fish the floaters in the skinny runs where the fish seem to be hiding this fall. I have had a couple good outings so far so I am not complaining.

GBO Member
    Boyd,
    The last fish went up on Nov 5!!!! I'd call that stopped

GBO Member
    Stalled:P Haven't fished there yet this fall but imagine it's been low and clear for a while. No reason for fish to push in from the lake. Beaver's a fairly small river really and fish are very reliant on water level unlike some of the bigger tribs.

GBO Member
    Once the water temperatures drop below a certain point (I believe it's 6-7C) they will no longer jump over obstacles as their metabolism slows so they will not enter fish ladders which explains why the fish cam counts tail off in November.

This doesn't mean that the fish stop entering the rivers...fish will trickle in all winter.