Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GBO Member

Blockbuster Donation to the LHFC

A very popular fellow GBO member read my call for new members. He not only joined the Club, he donated a custom made Reel for the Clubs 2013 Chantry Chinook Derby. Photos to come in the new year, but here is a story of its legacy. This reel had an offer of $2000 from a collector, but Ron rejected it in favour of helping the LHFC out. Here is a chance for all of you to also buy a membership to the OS or the LHFC.

Reel: Chasing Tail
    Year built: 2009, Modified 2012

Chasing tail was originally designed as a tribute to the majestic Steelhead. The fish silhouettes revolve around the reel as a symbol of an ever renewing resource. However, as common knowledge within the angling community this renewable resource needs some help along the way. That's were the Lake Huron Fishing Club comes in. They have been working hard to enhance our fishery for many years by working countless hours as volunteers generating financial support and exercising the physical duties within the hatchery. Relying on donations and generating revenue on their own has been the pillar of our continued enjoyment fishing for this wonderful fish. I have wanted to help give back for a long time but never had the resources to do so until now. I thought this reel would be a perfect gift for the club to utilize in their efforts to acquire funding for their hatchery program.

This past summer I decided to make a few changes to the reel, adjust the colour and do some minor internal design changes that I felt would further enhance the reel. The specs are fairly standard as with most of my designs and the fact that this "one-off" reel functions as well on the stream as it looks on the mantle has a real appeal to both collectors or casual steelheaders alike.

I would like to thank LHFC and it's volunteer staff for a job well done.

Regards
    Ron Gardiner
    www.rsgcustomreels.com

Very cool.....

That is a tremendous gesture, though I'm not overly surprised as that is his nature. Well done RG.

That's great to hear! Thanks Ron!

Add JackFrank on Facebook
    Well done Ron!

GBO Member

Visit louie david's Youtube Channel
    That's very kind of you Ron....A very conservation type of initiative....

CHEERS,
    louie

Mike, I've been standing on my tongue, shuffling with both feet like there were women on the pier and I had to pee, since you posted this news to the Chantry Committee.

Recently I stated to our committee members that the Chantry and LHFC have no greater resource than this site. That's truth.

Marvelous, Ron. Well done.

GBO Member
    Thanks Nick. Ron's U2U to me the day he decided to donate will aways remain private, but I can tell you it was very inspiring to say the least. People are starting to understand how hard it is to raise funds for anything these days, let alone money to buy fish food. This site has helped our Clubs cause, and the good people viewing it will take us to the next level for sure. Good things are ahead for the OS and the LHFC.

Add Josh Choronzey on Facebook
    That is awesome RG.....good going.

Fantastic, great job Ron, thanks.

GBO Member
    Thanks Ron for supporting a great fishery and the people that make it all happen.
    Dan O.

An awesome donation Ron! Good karma you definitely deserve.

GBO Member
    Good things happen to good people. I swear by that statement. Ron deserves this exposure. I cannot wait to meet him personally.

Says a lot about the integrity of the man!
    There must be at least a couple of hundred hrs work in that reel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast