Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    GBO Member

A common Misconception by GBO members

Guys,

I had a lengthy conversation over the weekend with a very popular GBO Member. During the course of the conversation I mentioned that many of the LHFC and OS members are "support only" members - meaning that due to work and family committments, and/or their geographical location, they simply send in $35 bucks a year to the Club to help support our cause.
    I was surprised when he told me that many people thought you had to be very active in the Club to be a member - this is not at all the case.
    I personally did nothing at all for the LHFC for 20+ years while I enjoyed catching a ton of the fish they raised. It has only been the last 2 years that I have been able to help out as much as I can.
    So long story short, get onto www.lakehuronfishingclub.com - A few clicks on PayPal and presto, you just helped out the Club with a cash injection by becoming a New Member. If you give us your email address we will send you a monthly newsletter as well. The OS site has a PDF to print for a membership too. Help the Clubs out guys Please and Thank you - It costs over $60,000 a year to keep the hatcheries open, and it is 100% funded by anglers, for anglers.
    Hopefully we get a couple hundred new members today from regular GBO'ers!!!!!

Link to LHFC ONLINE signup, click here...................

Good call Michael, Did it yesterday

Do it now and you're good for all of 2013. For years I had no involvement at all other than a corporate membership to lend my financial support.

GBO Member
    Good point Nick - 14 months if they buy now for $35........That's $2.50 a month guys. Time to step up to the plate.......

GBO Member
    Okay. So far I have had Ron G and Dan O sign up as a direct result of the post. Maybe one of my fellow members of GBO could post a direct link to both the LHFC's PayPal page and the OS's Membership page. My computer skill won't allow me to do it.
    2 medium cups of coffee at Tim Horton's total $3.20. On behalf of the Clubs I am asking for $2.50 a MONTH to be a supporting member. It only takes a minute of your time to help feed baby fish - 240,000 of them to be exact.......

Link to LHFC ONLINE signup, click here...................

welcome Ron and Dan

done deal,

GBO Member

Visit louie david's Youtube Channel
    Good idea got my membership in...?MORE fish

GBO Member
    Thank you and Welcome Louie D and Dan T!! That is 4 members so far. Let's keep this going!

Michael, will a renewal notice be sent out next year for members? I'd like to continue what I've started as I had no clue of the costs associated with fish rearing.

Hopefully some of those fish find their way into my favorite streams as I don't fish the Saugeen. At some point down the road I'd like to offer my assistance but for now I am glad I can contribute monetarily.

BTW, I mentioned before I'd like to help out with any signage requirements for upcoming derbies. I'll be happy to offer a steep discount too if you catch my drift

Keep up the good guys!

GBO Member
    Thanks Ron. Yes, an email notice will come to your inbox late next year from the Club. It will just be a friendly reminder to renew for 2014.

Thanks for the reminder about the signage. I am sending the Derby Committee a note right now......

GBO Member
    I just became a new member!

Thanks guys for the heads up!

GBO Member
    Welcome Aboard Claudio. We have momentum here for sure. Keep it going guys!! We are gaining serious Traction!!!

Very smart idea Michael .. people are much more willing to sponsor something they believe in when it is made convenient for them to do so. Any club or organization absolutely needs to be on-line these days. The other club I want(ed) to be a member of isn't so I have yet to make it happen.

GBO Member
    Welcome aboard Rob!! This is what it is all about - Anglers helping Anglers!! Please keep this going Gents (and Ladies of course!)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast