Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Michael Hahn
    Thanks Chris. I guess we let the Mississippi Rain Makers dance away and hope for the best!!!!
    Hope it works, can't help but it's (The river) the cause to begin with.

Lake Os north shore is the worst I've ever witnessed. Virtually every marsh are mud flats right now.

GBO Member
    Thanks John. You have a lot of nice pics on your site.

Pondo
    It's bad all around. G'Bay is the lowest I've seen it in years if not ever.

Speaking of the mississippi isn't that where the great lakes water going? Correct me if I'm wrong? Please.....

GBO Member
    With this low water were showing a few more tiny Islands on Georgian BAy - I'm talking about a couple feet of rock showing- Perfect for setting up a dozen or so floaters and wait for those bird water ducks to come flying by.

Ryan

GBO Member
    Originally posted by james vandivier
    Speaking of the mississippi isn't that where the great lakes water going? Correct me if I'm wrong? Please.....
    You're wrong. A year or so ago I attended the public info session of the study group commissioned by the IJC. One of the points that they made was that the main to factors that determine Lake Michigan-Huron levels are local inflow from the watershed and evaporation. i.e. even the inflow from Superior and the outflow thru Lake St. Clair was less important. The amount going down the Miss is quite insignificant.

This study group seem quite professional and I have no reason to doubt their integrity. Even if they were willing to 'cook the books' to give a biased result, it's hard to imagine the IJC asking them to do that since the IJC itself has many divergent interests. It's hard to see them reach any kind of consensus as to what conclusions they wanted the study group to come to.

So the water level in Huron is an environmental issue, not a political one---unless you count global warming as a political issue.

Alright good to know.

Alright good to know.Oops friggen iPad

Lake Erie is the lowest it's been since the mid 50's!!!!! I confirmed this with local commercial fisherman in Port Dover. I have a cottage on Erie, and there's more beach and rocks exposed than I had ever seen. Global warming, hot dry summer(July anyways) and no drainage from head waters due to lack of snow/rain last winter. Then there's the American's draining it off also!!

GBO Member
    http://www.lfpress.com/2012/10/11/la...cord-low-level

This report states that Lake Huron will break records for the lowest lake levels in almost 70 years in early 2013.

climate change not global warming

GBO Member
    Originally posted by john oconnor
    climate change not global warming
    I know that global warming is just 1 type of climate change, but that would seem to be the type at work here. Or do you have info that would suggest another type of climate change is responsible for the dropping lake levels?

GBO Member
    Hopefully we can recover from the record low level like we did in 1964. I can remember record hig levels in the early 80's.
    Hopefully it's only a cycle.

One thing I always find odd is how we talk of record high temps and record low lake levels but the records we are breaking are from the 40's to the 70's and we somehow managed to recover.
    I wish I could find the article about Global warming and what a hoax it was. The scientist crying Global Warming are the ones getting grants from the goverments to investigate the problem. So if they said it was a just a cycle and nothing to worry about then it would the end of their free grant money.

Just a thought.

Bob

GBO Member
    Here is the link I was looking for

John Coleman weather channel founder debunks the global warming hoax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Fhm...yer_detailpage

Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast