GBO Member

Denny's Fish Cam Update

Latest update. Installed LED lights opposite the camera today. It was remarkable. In 8 minutes I watched 4 rainbows and 1 monster chinook pass by. The lights are on the far side of the chute, so the fish pass between the light and the camera. I like this theory because you can easily identify the square or fork tails as they pass by the camera.
    Now the camera is at 85% complete.

The live streaming feed speed gets assessed on Monday. It still is maybe 40% - 50% complete at best, so if 30 people log on, you will be buffering like crazy.
    Each day is showing progress. And that is a good thing. Updates to follow as I get the information. Thanks again for all being so patient.

great stuff Mike..thanks for the update

GBO Member
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mike.

GBO Member
    Visualize a funnel with the end that the liquid comes out pointing upstream. That is what we have created. At the discharge of the funnel we have LED lights on one side, and the camera on the other side. Nothing can exit the funnel without passing between the camera and the LED lights.
    If you see nothing going by, then nothing is going by. The camera does not lie.
    The fish counts posted might not be accurate at this time as we are continuing to work out the kinks.
    But I think we are light years ahead of where we were even a week ago.........

Originally posted by Michael Hahn
    Latest update. Installed LED lights opposite the camera today. It was remarkable. In 8 minutes I watched 4 rainbows and 1 monster chinook pass by. The lights are on the far side of the chute, so the fish pass between the light and the camera. I like this theory because you can easily identify the square or fork tails as they pass by the camera.
    Now the camera is at 85% complete.
    The live streaming feed speed gets assessed on Monday. It still is maybe 40% - 50% complete at best, so if 30 people log on, you will be buffering like crazy.
    Each day is showing progress. And that is a good thing. Updates to follow as I get the information. Thanks again for all being so patient.
    Great improvement on the positioning of the camera. Good job!