Guys,

The annual LHFC General Meeting is this Thursday in Underwood at the Community Center at 7:30pm. The Club has been run extremely well for decades, with one reoccuring problem - volunteers. I joined 2 or 3 years ago after spending 20 + years crushing Salmon on Lake Huron. I honestly had no idea who the LHFC was. I my 2 years since, I have attended every event that I can - and I see the same faces at every event - men and women in their senior years who are just simply tired. I see men in their 70's climbing in and out of the Denny's fishway not because they want to anymore - but because they feel such a strong desire to have their efforts enjoyed by everyone else who does not contribute at all.
I do not stream fish, but I had the pleasure last fall and winter of watching 100's of anglers smashing Rainbow in the Saugeen everytime I drove by.
I am pleading to those of you who may have been standing in the water enjoying the fight, the thrill of landing, and the perfect taste of a Rainbow as table fare, to attend this meeting. We need help. We need to give the men and women who have given us the opportunity to land fish basically anytime we wet a line a rest. I had never volunteered for anything in my life prior to joining the LHFC. I work full time - and yes - I am tired when I get home at night. The Club is not asking anyone to spend 5 hours a week helping out. And this is not my intent as I type. My intention is to get a whole bunch of 20, 30, 40, and 50 year old people involved so that the LHFC is around forever, insuring that Generations of Kids can enjoy what I have had the pleasure of enjoying on Lake Huron.
Please come out to the meeting on Thursday. You may be tired after a long day of work, but trust me, it will be the quickest few hours you have spent in a while.......