Originally posted by John Williams
Nick,
Thanks for sharing all of the information. I was hoping to make it out this year for the derby but work got in the way and the days I might have been able to make it out was too windy.
I have a question regarding the purchase of a derby ticket. I understand the logic behind having to purchase your derby ticket at least one day before you are going to fish, but what about someone who might make a decision spur of the moment and want to go and wants to buy a ticket but won't cause he cannot use it the day he/she purchased the ticket.
In my case, my wife and I were thinking of going up one day when the wind and weather permitted but did not go as it was a last minute decision and knew that if we bought a ticket it was no good to the next day. Would it not be possible to purchase the same day and use the same day if you show that you just arrived and would like to fish the derby that day. The people in charge could search both the vehicle and boat to ensure no cheating was taking place?
I am thinking that the derby may be able to have a few more people enter if they knew they could buy on the day they were going to fish the derby as long as you buy from one of the weight stations and would allow a search of the vehicle and boat before hand to ensure no cheating is taking place? Just a thought.
I will certainly raise the matter, John.