Those of you who are interested can see full results on the Chantry web site:

Chantry Derby

Here are some thanks, facts and observations you can't get from our Derby site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We sold 1096 tickets to 1334 entrants. We have to go back several years to match those numbers. We are up over 10% from last year and this is the best result that I've seen since becoming involved. There are obvious (to me) reasons for this success.

GBO is the dominant medium bar none for the Grey/Bruce Salmonid angler.

Bruce, you supported us with not only banner space, but 3 separate LHFC forums including one for the Chantry. The Banner yielded a considerable number of hits according to Rick D. our web master. GBO "chatter" built up huge interest for our event.

Another factor is Josh C. and Steelheaders. Our momentum began building with J.C. articles describing the success on the Saugeen.

You may recall my whine that we only had 8 entrants and 8 tickets from Owen Sound? Well, Josh again... he published an article about the Chantry, and guess what?... 31 entries and 21 tickets sold pop up on my chart. Those extra ticket sales @ $30 (or $90) come after our expenses are covered and go directly to LHFC. They also represent a significant portion of our increased sales.

Mike Hahn proposed PayPal to our Committee. This resulted in a measurable sales inrrease.

Salmon numbers were down slightly, but other species were up. Lots of reports of big blips at Salmon depth and no takes over several passes. Grain of salt. Lots of break-offs of "...biggest I've ever.." Pass the salt again :P:P

I have to remark on shifts when we were swamped with Rainbow. Often enough that I realized it was worth noticing.

Visited the cleaning station occasionally and saw a few Chinooks with huge amounts of Smelt in their craw. And some Gobies.

Some slightly thin Rainbow, Salmon generally healthy.

Encountered a few entrants from Toronto (very few) who passed on the Derby down south in favour of Chantry. Hoping this is a trend. Again, they probably visited this site.

Unbelievable results in our corporate prize/fund raising. Choronzey Jr. and Sr., and Kathy Hahn largely responsible. They brought in totally new or increased donations.

There is a hard core of local business supporters we rely on. If you have a choice where to buy your car, boat, lunch, smokes, gift, a special night out or whatever - make the honourable choice - check our site's sponsor list or the one in your latest brochure.

A big thanks to you entrants who donated a catch to the LHFC Fish Fry and all those who attended.

Don't stow your gear.

Next up is the Owen Sound Derby. Second largest in the Province and definitely big time in stature. Chantry wishes you success.

Huge thanks to all - NT