GBO Member

Starting from scratch.. Again

Hey guy,
    I know it says i have no posts i have been out of touch for 3 years atleast, and had to get rid of all my gear, cause of no room when i went to school now getting back into it. I'm 21 been on here for awhile under my old profile which is still on here i had more posts. Anyways i have my mind set on a JW young BOB james special light weight 4.5". I only wallis cast. what line would you reccommend? And what rod with it, and the rod i dont wanna spend over $200.00, also something under 13', i dont like those huge rods i used to use an 11' 6". just wanna see what you guys recommend, since its been awhile for me, over the next couple months i have to buy everything over again. Also and plan on moving up to grey/bruce county this fall to presume steelheading full time been looking at a place in kincardine. i will have to somehow get back onto my old profile.

jordan

GBO Member
    And also what do you think of the JW youg bob james special light weight?

thanks

Add JackFrank on Facebook
    Welcome back Jordan. Sorry I can't help you with this info but I imagine somebody will.

WB Jordan... Easy to get a good float rod under 200$ . My recommendation right now would be a custom built ARE either 12' or 11'6".. If you need someone to build it for you, give me a u2u and I can give you more info .

searunbow
    i tried looking up these ARE rods online but ciuldnt find anything are they blanks only?

Originally posted by searunbow
    i tried looking up these ARE rods online but ciuldnt find anything are they blanks only?
    ARE = Angler's Roost Enterprise. John has a full website. Blanks, kits and already built rods.

I just built an ARE 5/6 11' switch and tried it out today with an Airflo Tactical Steelhead 390 grain (Scandi). It was pretty nice to cast...