Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 derby chat

GBO Member

Visit louie david's Youtube Channel
    Anybody been out yet?
    I was there looking things over Saturday but it was too windy for me.
    Should start fishing tomorrow weather permitting.

Guys getting any? Don't need details just want to know if anybody was able to catch anything.

GBO Member
    Louie,

Sat am. we went 4 for 4, Sunday am., 6 for 7. Nothing big but at least we caught fish.

Out of Port Elgin.

Seemed to be quite a few fish being weighed in at the Port Elgin weigh station.

Good luck

Mike

GBO Member

Great to know.
    I left my boat at Kincardine so I should be in the water around 10 am,
    hope you guys catch the big one....
    I'm just lucky I convinced my wife to go fishing again as until this year her back was bothering her especially with the bumpy boat ride.
    I change a lot of things on the boat to make more room plus a nice chair with a firm back and taking it easy on the ride so she'll go fishing.
    Maybe catching some nice ones will perk up her interest again.
    Take care all....

Good luck Louie!

Add Josh Choronzey on Facebook
    Bedford is at it again!!

I couldn't find anything big over the weekend. Wasn't getting deep enough I think. Biggest fish for us was 6lb walleye, LOL. Back at er again tonight though!

Some nice swells out there Saturday afternoon! I can't believe the amount of 17foot aluminums with very small engines out there in that.... just my though

Left pt elgin harbour this morning at 8am to 20 trucks/trailers in the lot. Hah. And I thought a weekday was going to be quieter.

These guys revving up their 2 strokes at 4am in the morning at the launch ramp are really starting to p!ss me off.

Originally posted by chris studiman
    ......... These guys revving up their 2 strokes at 4am in the morning at the launch ramp are really starting to p!ss me off.
    You are looking for peaceful tranquility during a fishing derby?

Originally posted by GilTam
    Originally posted by chris studiman
    ......... These guys revving up their 2 strokes at 4am in the morning at the launch ramp are really starting to p!ss me off.
    You are looking for peaceful tranquility during a fishing derby?
    Hah, I thought thats what fishing was...
    I'm just complaining I guess. I could think of it as a positive - could be an alarm clock and excuse to wake up and go fishing right?

GBO Member
    These guys revving up their 2 strokes at 4am in the morning at the launch ramp are really starting to p!ss me off. [/quote]

Get more sleep and put in after us two bangers leave the launch. I'm really getting sick of watching guys in 20+ footers learn to launch and load their boats during a derby. But I'll deal with it, as should you.

jf

Originally posted by jamiefenton
    These guys revving up their 2 strokes at 4am in the morning at the launch ramp are really starting to p!ss me off.
    Get more sleep and put in after us two bangers leave the launch. I'm really getting sick of watching guys in 20+ footers learn to launch and load their boats during a derby. But I'll deal with it, as should you.

jf [/quote]

Hahaha
    I don't need to launch, no worries there... I don't leave the water.
    All I'm asking for is a later wake up call
    I guess you didn't get my joke. oh well

GBO Member

Got in the water around 10:00AM as scheduled and everything was doing well until about 2 hrs later I had to try something new.
    Well within 45 minutes I had a big mess and had spend time cutting lines lines and retrieving tangled lures.
    So, we spent 3 hrs in the water and half of it was trying to take everything off. Just one of those days.
    That was enough for me and it wasn't the smoothest ride anyway.so we spent most of the day soaking the shade and relaxing away.
    An hour later a 23 ft boat parked beside us getting ready for the drive home with 2 of it's passengers feeling green from the boat ride.LOL
    This is supposed to be fun....:P:P

GBO Member
    Boat launches can be some of the best forms of entertainment. I have seen everything from boats launched before they even hit the water to boat truck & trailer and everthing else launched.
    I must admit it is very frustrating if you are waiting for your turn to launch and the ones in front of you have no idea what they are doing.
    I think that it should be maditory that before you buy a boat should have to prove you know how to launch one or at least back it up.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12