GBO Member

Sage Vs. Beulah switch rods

Looking at a z-axis or a beulah platinum series switch rod. Any one have any experience with either rod, and can give some advice on which which way to go would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at a 7 weight.

Mike

I haven't tried the Beulah but I owned the 7110 Z-Axis and loved the rod. It can launch some line and I liked it with a 475 grain Skagit Short. Only reason I sold it was to help fund the purchase of my Meiser. May break down and pick one up someday again. It is a fast rod with a soft tip (at least softer than my XP) and can lay the boots to fish if need be.

I have the 7110 Sage switch rod. Was checking for a sale for over a year and, well, found out these rods never go on sale, lol. So, I found the blank for a good price and built it myself. Have had it for over 2 years but use it for atlantics only. Light enough to overhand all day if you wanted to and enough power in the bottom half to turn 10lb atlantics. Very happy with the rod.

GBO Member
    I have an 8/9, 10ft 6 beulah switch that I love. Overhead with a full sink for atlantics and an elixor for steel..... It's been bent.

GBO Member
    Thanks for the responses! I have been super busy but I think I am ready to make the purchase!
    What kind of reels do you guys run on the switch rods? I am thinking a loop muilti but wondering if there is a reel that would be as good for less??
    Any input is a appreciated.

Mike

GBO Member
    Add BradHodkinson on Facebook
    Originally posted by Mike Romashyna
    Thanks for the responses! I have been super busy but I think I am ready to make the purchase!
    What kind of reels do you guys run on the switch rods? I am thinking a loop muilti but wondering if there is a reel that would be as good for less??
    Any input is a appreciated.

Mike
    Mike i would wait to buy a new rod Loop has a new seiers coming out in march the reviews on them from the guys testing them is amazing
    Cross S1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yRIoRdJFss

GBO Member
    Thanks Brad,

I just checked out the loop website for them and they do look nice. The 12í 7 weight looks about right for what i want.
    Do you have any idea what these babyís will be costing??

Mike

GBO Member
    I will try and find out asap sir

GBO Member
    You have a U2U sir