64,000 Rainbow Trout netted yesterday thats a record for me

OK now that I have your attention, Lake Huron Fishing Club move 64,000 Rainbow Trout from the Kincardine to Port Elgin Hatchery yesterday to let them grow for a few more months, before they get released later this fall & everything went fairly smooth & it sounds like the next thing is moving the Browns into other tanks, weighing & counting them I guess, possibly next week, this was a first time for me helping, great way to spend a day, I netted about 32,000 Rainbows in about 2 hours, I don't know many people that can say that lol, hope I can help with the next project, bring on the Brown Trout
    Thanx & Tight Lines Richard

GBO Member
    If only I lived closer! I'd be there to help.
    My BDE- 'Best day ever'- pales in comparison to yours!
    Well done

Your work is much appreciated, I know talk is cheap but a little encouragement goes along way.

Hey
    I got Pizza at lunch & didn't know ahead of time, that's all the encouragement I needed lol
    Thanx & Tight Lines Richard

Richard, I haven't encountered you since that meeting about this time last year. Age and physical incapacity have caught up to many LHFC members and we need more like you.

To those who fish the area I encourage you to set aside an "extra" trip - fin clipping, tree planting, a shift at Derby weigh station, fish fry, egg collection, planting and other initiatives posted in the LHFC newsletter.

HeII, just taking out a LHFC membership is a big help.

Right on Richard...wait until the fin clipping begins...there will be lots of bows to fin clip that are over wintering in Kincardine.

Richard, I had to change back in the 90's to work at the Hatchery that was, not too sure if it still used or not though to raise browns for the Grand. I had to chance to electro-shock and then help with the egg collection and all the support required to hatching. I also clipped approx. 25 thousand plus Browns. Was a great experience. Congrats on the great work and effort.