(FMZ 16) Extended season changes possible

Fisheries Management Zone 16 (FMZ 16) Extended season changes possible no more Bass, Musky or Pike fishing (Owen Sound office for Bruce/Grey Counties)

https://south-bruce-guide-service.bl...16-fmz-16.html
    Last edited by Richard Elliott Jr; 12-03-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    Tight Lines And Straight Shooting
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009

You've got to be kidding me... Across the board closed fishing in Zone 16 after Sept 30. on everything except those extended seasons for salmonids on rivers?! Same for walleye then too I presume? Did they bring this up at the meeting on Thursday?

Owen Sound office for Bruce/Grey Counties
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009

Link won't open at work, so if someone would copy and paste the proposed changes, that'd be pretty awesome

One or more people in the Owen Sound MNRF office are say that as of September 30th all waters in Bruce/Grey counties are closed and the extended season is only for Trout and Salmon and anyone targeting Bass, Pike, Musky or ant other species will be charged for targeting out of season fish. There Interpretaion of the rules.
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009

"Bruce and Grey Counties (inlandrivers/streams only) excludingthose waters identified for this areain the Zone 16 additional fishingopportunities.All species (except Walleye and Sauger,Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass,Northern Pike, Muskellunge and LakeSturgeon) open from 4th Sat. inApr. - Sept. 30.Walleye and Sauger open from 2nd Sat.in May - Sept. 30.Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass openfrom 4th Sat. in June - Sept. 30.Northern Pike open from 2nd Sat. inMay - Sept. 30.Muskellunge open from 1st Sat. inJune - Sept. 30."

Perhaps this is an oversight, mis-print or incomplete writing?
    GT......... Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee (1940-1973)

So it sounds like this affects smallish trout waters and possibly feeder streams. It only says 'inland rivers and streams' and does not include the waters with extended fall trout seasons or ponds/pits/lakes. Maybe this is to keep guys away from waters containing resident trout outside of the regular trout season? I certainly never noticed it before...I will ask for clarification at tomorrow's meeting.

Josh
    Last edited by Josh Roelofsen; 12-04-2017 at 04:05 PM.

I talked to a couple people at the Peretborough Office and they are looking into it and will get back to me after talking to the Owen Sound office over the next couple days. Tight Lines
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009