Angler Fined In Goderich Court For Too Many Bass

A Kitchener man has been fined and had his fishing licence suspended for catching and retaining too many smallmouth bass.

Goderich court heard that last July 23, the man was fishing in the Maitland River at Goderich. Over the course of the day, conservation officers in plain clothes saw him catch and keep nine smallmouth bass, three over his sport fishing licence limit.

He pleaded guilty to the charge, and was fined $750. He also had his fishing licence suspended for one year.

http://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-...too-many-bass/

Sweet. I guess the mnr likes the warmer weather. I never see then on the Maitland in the fall or winter. Its mob rules when it comes to steelhead anglers!
    No chrome and no beer make Steve go something, something!

Quote Originally Posted by stevemainstone View Post
    Sweet. I guess the mnr likes the warmer weather. I never see then on the Maitland in the fall or winter.
    too funny, yet so true!

Very true lol I haven't ran into one on the river in over 4 years now. Would be nice to see them out more. Went fishing for half a day in backcountry BC and had one stop me. Something has gone wrong in this province.
    Last edited by Dan Hasson; 04-02-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Its called the goverment

sick days, can't bank them ya know.

GBO Member
    I have a friend that lives very close to that river and he says that's an every day occurrence after bass opener. It's hard to watch the same poop show every weekend as guys dump their first 6 bass and return for another 6. He wonders how the bass population have handled that kind of poaching for so many years.

These people probably eat their 6 and then 1 hour later they are hungry again.
    No chrome and no beer make Steve go something, something!

Quote Originally Posted by DanOGorman View Post
    I have a friend that lives very close to that river and he says that's an every day occurrence after bass opener. It's hard to watch the same poop show every weekend as guys dump their first 6 bass and return for another 6. He wonders how the bass population have handled that kind of poaching for so many years.
    If they didn't come in from Lake Huron every year to spawn, the lower end would be a dead zone.

Even upstream is no where near the bass fishery it was even 20 years ago. In the '80's and '90's, you could park at any bridge and walk and find good size bass, now it's a bunch of runts.
    Last edited by Lee Morton; 04-04-2016 at 09:15 AM.

She likes Goderich subway The one and only time I had the chance to meet her and it wasn't even on the river. Think she told us that her and her partner cover grand bend to the base of the B Peninsula >.<
    Not one god damn perch.......