Cool 1,000's of Rainbow Trout Fingerling & 10,000's Salmon Alevin

Visited both of the Lake Huron Fishing Club Trout & Salmon Hatcheries this week & took a little video, things are looking good for this years crop & our Brown Trout eggs should be here by the end of the month & a full house we'll have.
    Tight Lines Richard

http://lhfcschoolhatcheries.blogspot...month-old.html
    Tight Lines And Straight Shooting
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009

Looks good Richard, thanks for the post!

GBO Member
    won't be long those salmon will be transferred to the big boy tanks! Thanks Richard.

GBO Member
    Looks encouraging. I always found it difficult to get the brown trout alevins to swim-up and begin to feed. Our classroom lost a lot of young fish at that stage. If they don't feed fairly quickly they seemed to get too weak to swim-up.
    Dan O.

Lookin good Richard!

GBO Member

fin clipping

Does anyone know when the fin clipping will start?
    Have a couple of volunteers again this year.

50,000 steelhead to be clipped very shortly. Please get hold of Mike Hahn for info. It's too far for me to drive, but junior is flying home tomorrow to round up his trusty friends.

It's and interesting and fun time for all guys and it has to be done.

GBO Member
    I will post it when I know the dates for sure. I think they are targeting February 7th and February 15th but that is not set in stone. I will confirm once I have the dates down. They have to sort the tanks first and that starts next week. If you are local you can go to the hatchery almost any morning and the guys will fill you in. Good chance they will put you to work too!!

GBO Member
    For sure Darryl, my son and I were there last year for the first time.We'll definately be there and i'm rounding some young blood up as well.
    Yea Mike, I live down the road from the Hatchery.

GBO Member
    KINCARDINE HATCHERY

We are going to start size sorting the rainbows the 24th of January for about 10 consecutive days. Please contact Matt Luckhart at mluckhart@bmts.com if you are able to help him any of those days with the sorting.

Fin Clipping will begin after that. Matt has asked the Ontario Steelheaders to come on Feb 8th with a group of fin clippers. He would also like to set February 7, 11 and 14 as days to clip as well. If anyone is available these days please email Matt and let him know so that he can plan accordingly.

And if there are other days that work better for you than just let Matt know and he will try to accommodate as best he can.

As always, no experience is necessary so please do not be shy.

Mike

GBO Member
    Thanks Mike.

I'll send Matt an email and round up some troops.
    Dave

Hope to make it up again this year for some clipping. Its always a fun way to spend a morning.