Thread: Salmon scarce

Salmon scarce

would like to know if any salmon being caught at Bruce Power, Port Elgin or Southampton area......scarce down Kettle point, Pt Franks area

I was out of Pike Bay again this past weekend from 6am till about 2. We didn't take a hit and marked very little other then tight to bottom in 65 to 85 fow. Don't know where they went but we headed in to fish some of the reefs for smallies and had much better luck.

Elias.

GBO Member
    We fished the outflow of B Sat night and had a blast with a mixed bag of sheephead, bass and even a small pike. Fished 7:30 ish til dark out deeper rigging and only landed 1 chinny and a couple of small pinks.

Correct me if I'm wrong. When I fished there over ten years ago this was always a slow time for salmon. Usually they showed up just before the derby. Has that changed?

Add Josh Choronzey on Facebook
    Chinooks come and go from June to early July. Water temps are nowhere near normal this season. Lack of bait keeps them moving in search of food. Americans cut wayyy back on stocking as well.
    Some numbers of good kings were taken off Chantry a week ago. Gone now.
    Grey Bruce Bass Club/Ontario Steelheaders-Saugeen

Prostaff: Williams spoons, Maxima Line, Exude Baits, Redwing Tackle, Islander Reels, Pautzke Bait Co., Hawkens Jigs and proud supporter of Riverkeeper Reels.