Docks In... Magic Day

Did a couple of hours on the pier today with no success - dead slow. As usual I drove back by the hatchery and saw a smack of vehicles and a school bus: tour on. I've curtailed my Chantry Committee involvement (hey, we've added new folks and the committee is flourishing) so was happy to see a bunch of friends I needed to catch up with as I drove in.

Brian Garnett and Bob Moss were wrangling the dock sections. Brian King, Phil Hahn and some others who are new to me were moving the pieces into position.

Brian Lang, general contractor and Derby Chair, was driving the BobCat because he's partial to sitting down on the job. Well, Brian had to take a pee at which point Al Wilkins brings the school tour out to show off the fish wagon.

So, Mr. Trouble shouts out to the ankle-biters, "We need someone to drive this machine!" I shouted to a young lass out front, "You! In the grey tougue."

Well, you never saw a crowd of kids explode like that. Of course the dock crew were egging things on too. Enthusiasm is not lacking in Bruce County kinder.

Magic.

Al Wilkins is a marvelous instructor and tour guide. Richard Elliot, was this class one of your lot?

Seriously. To anyone who thinks that volunteering for a LHFC project is a duty for the Huron fishery and a necessary job of work, I ask you to rethink your position.
    Last edited by Nick Toth; 05-02-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: old age

Friday should have been Goderich & Brookside, 1 would be at the Hatchery while the other would've been at the Lighthouse, Mike Blumhagen's classes
    Thanx & Tight Lines Richard
    Tight Lines And Straight Shooting
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009