Cool LHFC School Salmon Hatchery Program Expands Again

We started off with 1 school in 2010, 3 schools in 2011, a $6,000.00 grant from Libro Financial Group allowed us to expand to 10 school in 2012 & now the $12,000.00 grant from Bruce Power allowed us to expand to 17 school in 2013-14, most of the schools were set up in late October but we added 2 in the last week, School that are now involved are located 2 in Goderich, 1 at Brookside, 1 in Wingham, 2 in Teeswater, 2 in Mildmay, 2 in Walkerton, 1 in Ripley, 2 in Kincardine, 2 in Port Elgin, 1 in Southampton & 1 in Wiarton, Thank You very much Bruce Power for your generous donation. Hoping to hit 20 for 2014-15 & the waiting list is growing.

http://lhfcschoolhatcheries.blogspot...y-program.html
    Last edited by Richard Elliott Jr; 12-21-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Added more details
    Tight Lines And Straight Shooting
    Waterloo Wellington CBAF
    Lake Huron Fishing Club
    Grey Bruce Bass Club
    CBAF Team Ontario 2009

Thanks for all of your hard work Richard in getting this program up and running! I get nothing but positive feedback from all the kids in the schools that I am involved with...even parents. Luckily for me, my one daughter's teacher was willing to run the program this year so its been great for my own kids as they have been able to be directly involved and benefit from this program. I will have to post a pic later, but the walls of hallway outside their classroom is all covered with salmon art, what they have learned about salmon and the salmon life cycle.

This really fills an important need for the club. In a very gentle and positive way we are attracting future members to insure our viability. Good work.